Where's Aliceresume & exhibits
- “Conversations in Fiber”, Craneway Pavilion, Richmond, CA
- Loss: Public/Private, Joyce Gordon Gallery, Oakland, CA.
- Exhibition of 25 of Alice’s works were on display at International Quilt Week Yokohama, Japan
- “Tactile Maneuvers,” a retrospective of twenty of Alice’s works on display at Stanford Art Spaces, Stanford University
- “Portrait Quilts: Artist’s Exhibit, The Shorenstein Building, 45 Fremont St., San Francisco, CA,. • Thirteen Moons Gallery, Santa Fe, NM, • AirTouch Corporate Gallery, San Francisco, CA.
- Memories, Dreams & Reflections”, New Pieces Gallery, Berkeley CA.
National and International Tours and Exhibits
- “Blood Line” shown at the Textile Museum, Washington, D.C.
- “A Meditation on Time” is currently on exhibit at the United States’ Croatian Embassy in Zagreb as part of the State Department’s Art in Embassies program.
- Alice’s fiber composition “No Hard Hats Required” was selected for a Juror’s Choice Award in the national juried exhibition “Consequences” at the Arc Gallery, San Francisco, CA
- “I’m a Frayed Knot” at Orange Coast College Frank M. Doyle Arts Pavilion in Costa Mesa, CA. Invitational exhibition.
- “Faces of Color” exhibition at Bethune Cookman University, Daytona Beach, FL, Invitational exhibit.
- “I Am America: Black Genealogy Through the Eye of an Artist” invitational exhibit at the San Francisco Main Public Library. Read more about the exhibit.
- Alice’s quilt “Entre Nous,” was juried into the prestigious exhibition of contemporary quilting, Quilt National 2011entre no. The Dairy Barn Arts Center, Athens, OH.
- “500 Art Quilts” Exhibit at Houston International Quilt Festival
- “Journey of Hope in America: Quilts Inspired by President Barack Obama” at the National Afro-American Museum and Cultural Center in Wilberforce, Ohio.20
- Two works (“Roots” and “Love in Bloom”) were on display in the residence of the United States Ambassador to Namibia as part of the ART in Embassies Program.
- “Textural Rhythms: Constructing the Jazz Tradition”, invitational exhibit, toured nationally. Sixty-four quilts (including Alice’s “Miles Ahead”) presented by the Women of Color Quilters Network displaying the interplay between jazz and art. Venues included the Smithsonian Anacostia Museum, American Folk Art Museum, the New York State Museum and the Rutgers University Art Museum.
- “Changing the World One Thread at a Time”, Val d’Argent Expo, Ste. Marie aux Mines, Haut-Rhin, France, invitational exhibit.
- “El Arte de Coser Arte” (The Art of Sewing Art), invitational exhibit at the Museum of the Americas, Madrid, Spain.
- “Women of Taste: A Collaboration Celebrating Quilt Artists and Chefs” — traveled throughout the United States under the auspices of the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service.
- “Sewing Comfort Out of Grief: The Oklahoma City Children’s Memorial Art Quilts” —Alice was one of twenty quilters invited nationwide to exhibit a quilt dedicated to the children who died in the Oklahoma City bombing. Sponsored by the Helias Foundation for Art and Human Rights.
- “Freeze Frame,” Visions Art Museum
- “Stitches,” Mercyhurst University, Erie PA
- “Expressions in Equality,” Visions Art Museum, San Diego, CA
- “The Fabric of Our Culture,” Joyce Gordon Gallery, Oakland, CA. Alice was invited to exhibit six of her works.
- “Quilt & Fiber Arts Festival,” LaConner Quilt & Textile Museum, LaConner, WA.
- OMNIS International Exhibition, Minan Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
- “Tasty Too: Food Inspired Quilts,” San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles. Alice was invited to include her quilt “Bette’s Diner”.
- “Painting in Fabric”, Hanford St. Gallery, Sutter, CA.
- “Innovations in Fiber Art VI”, Sebastopol Center for the Arts, Sebastopol, CA
- “Tuesday in the Park with George” and “The Basket Maker” Alice was invited to exhibit at the Pi Gallery in Kansas City, MO as part of “BREAK: Rhythmized Textiles from the African Diaspora”.
- “Folks in Fiber” Cahoon Museum of American Art, Cotuit, MA., invitational exhibit.
- “Fiber Arts 2001” Gallery 510 Arts Guild, Ltd., 510 W. Decatur St., Decatur, Ill.. Recipient of the Juror’s Choice Award, the Nova Gallery Award of Excellence and the People’s Choice Award. Juried exhibit.
- “A Communion of the Spirits: African-American Quilters, Preservers and their Stories”; Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County. Invitational exhibit.
- The Shorenstein Company, 45 Fremont St., San Francisco, CA Invitational exhibit.
- Alice was invited to participate in “Fabrications: Quilts for the Next Century”; Plaza East Bay Municipal Utility District headquarters, group show.
- “Go Figure”; San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles. Alice’s quilt, “The Three Graces” was exhibited.
- “Daughters of Harriet Powers” Museum of African American Art, Tampa, FL, and the Octagon Arts Center, Clearwater, FL.
- Gallery, Bank of America World Headquarters, San Francisco, CA. Invitational exhibit.
- New York Times, “A Sense of Place, Stitched” February 3, 2016
- Quilter’s Newsletter, April/May 2014, No. 439, p. 18. “Bette’s Diner” quilt shown.
- YouTube Video: “Alice Beasley: County of Alameda’s Acute Tower Replacement Project Public Art Program.”
- Art Quilt Portfolio: People & Portraits, edited by Martha Sielman, published by Lark Crafts.
- Alice is featured in Patchwork Tsushin, No. 166. Pp. 99-100.
- Masters: Art Quilts, Vol. II published by Lark Books.
- Mastering the Art Quilt” by Martha Seilman, Fiberarts Magazine, p.46 Summer
- Homage to African-American Artists, limited edition desk diary produced by the United States Department of State for use as the official gift of U.S. Ambassadors and other American Embassy diplomats. (“Love in Bloom” and “Roots” featured).
- Journey of Hope in America: Quilts Inspired by President Barack Obama, published by Voyageur Press.
- Two of Alice’s quilts (“The Basket Maker” and “Global Warning”) are included in 500 Art Quilts, published by Lark Books.
- “Miles Ahead” is shown in the August/September issue of Quilting Arts Magazine.
- Alice was featured on “Simply Quilts” on House and Garden television network. Show #824.
- Alice was featured in an article in the California Daily Journal, “East Bay Attorney/Quilter Finds Peace in Piecing”.
- “Behind the Barricade” is shown in Issue No. 8 of Art Quilt Magazine.
- “Bette’s Diner” is included in Women of Taste: A Collaboration Celebrating Quilt Artists and Chefs published by C&T Publishing,
- Alice’s quilt “III Boyz” appears in Fiberarts Design Book Six,.
Public and Private Collections
- Highland Hospital Acute Care Center, Oakland, CA
- Kaiser Hospital, Oakland CA
- County of Santa Clara, Sunnyvale Health Facility
- Alameda County, CA
- The San Francisco Foundation
- Mimi Johnson Jacobs, Oakland, CA
- Miriam Hochwald, St. Louis, MO
- Gaylord Neely, Washington, DC
- Ray Cyphers, Lake Oswego, OR
- DHR Investments, Berkeley, CA
- Joseph & Geraldine Walsh, Lagunitas, CA.
Alice is pleased to debut the “Undercurrents” series in “Freeze Frame,” January 21 – April 2, 2017, at the Visions Art Museum, in San Diego, CA